Sunday, April 16, 2006

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I Cannot change…

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I Cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And Wisdom to know the difference

The doctors have said there is nothing more than can do for Dad, as he is losing 2 pints of blood a day from internal bleeding within his bowels. They have said he has, at best, "weeks".

My family is devastated. So much to face up to, so much to think of. Mum lives in a large house, which was her parents' before, and doesn't want to leave but will have no income to stay there. The family have suggested us moving there, but I don't know that I could face it.

So much to face.

Thank you all for your prayers and support - please keep remembering our family, and pray that Dad will go, when it is time, peacefully in his sleep (which is what he has always said he wanted). We have tried telling him the news, but he doesn't want to face it and is continuing to talk of recoverery - so we are respecting his wishes and keeping "cheerful" around him.

A long, painful road ahead to be travelled. God grant me the strength to continue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you {{{Hugs}}} and prayers,
Alice

Anonymous said...

((((Ann)))) You will all be in my thoughts and prayers
Carol
xxx

momof3feistykids said...

((((Ann)))) I am so sorry. I'll be praying.