Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nearly the end of a long week

Thanks to my dh for holding the fort yesterday! By the time I got back home, I was emotionally drained and had a severe headache. I wanted to write - but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Today I went again to spend the day with my Mum, running her around on various errands. We went in twice during the day so see Dad. He is awaiting results of further tests, and is therefore still on "nil by mouth" but otherwise, is in good spirits.

Dh had charge of the three lads again today. He's doing a grand job! I know he appreciates me, and all that I do - I am blessed with a husband who has never "looked down" on me as "just" a homemaker, but has always considered what I do to be most important, and central to the family. However, I'm sure it doesn't hurt him every now and again to be reminded just what it DOES take on a daily basis..

The boys apparently did some learning on the computer today - but dh didn't make a note so I cannot share it with you!

S had his second eye test today - the first one had said he had "perfect" eyesight, despite not having been able to read the eye chart. I pushed for a refund, and today was vindicated. He is long sighted and does indeed need glasses. The gentlemen he saw today was brilliant with him, and experienced with aspie children, which helped a lot.

A couple of links for you - how about teaching your child chess? This site has individual lessons, plus an interactive course for your kids. Great for mental development. This ToyTheater Sculpture Machine is an odd site, packed with great learning games.

I'm off for an early night - tomorrow morning I'll be home with the kids then up to see Dad in the afternoon. Hopefully, things will be back to "normal" soon.

No comments: