Friday, February 17, 2006

A Busy Day

This morning both boys spent some time on the Government's Red Box site - they both really seem to like it. They also continued on their typing lessons.

I found several great science sites today, that you may want to check out: http://www.tryscience.org/, http://www.infovisual.info/ and http://www.tryscience.org/.

I received some excellent science resources today from Physics & Astronomy Research Council (PPARC). Well worth checking out if you are in the UK and your kids are into science.

I keep meaning to let you know how I'm getting on with the whole GF/CF/raw changes in diet. I've been scouring the internet for ideas for recipes (found a great blog here today - Vegan Lunch Box). I have been very proud with my lads for how they are dealing with it all. W is now eating raw carrot, cucumber and red pepper with his lunch, and having half bread and half rice cakes. S is having crispbreads in place of bread, with extra fruit with it. J is having rice and crispbreads, with raw carrot, cucumber, beansprouts and fruit. I'm gradually stocking the cupboard and freezer with GF/CF products and I will (eventually!) bake an edible GF bread!

In the evening, I took delivery of some phonetic learning books that I got free from being in the FreeCycle local network. They will be brilliant for W.

Dh rang to say that he'd been asked to stay late on overtime. Fortunately, this didn't bother me as much as it might as my best friend was due to come over for a natter. We used to work together and I really miss our chats. We don't get a chance to see each other very often, so when we do it is very precious.

Now, all I need to do is overcome my sudden attack of the munchies (without giving in) and I'll be fine..

No comments: