Sunday, January 15, 2006

Castles in the Air

Today my eldest looked into castles. Have a look at his blog to see the great sites that he visited. I then ended up making a basic castle out of a cardboard box - I'll post a piccy if we ever finish it! For once, it wasn't because Mum took over, but because Mum was the only one who could use the craft knife to cut through double strength cardboard!

The HE special needs list that I belong to has been discussing children with Aspergers today, and the particular joys and tribulations of parenting them. I love the discussions that we get into sometimes on the email lists and they give you a great chance to find a new viewpoint, and to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. It has certainly given me a lot to think about.

This afternoon we visited another home educating family from our support group. They have five children all at home, between the ages of 7 and 15. The 8 children played very nicely for once, which gave us adults a chance to catch up, and unwind a bit. Before removing the children from school, we actually had very few friends that had children - it's great now to have a network of support and friendship with other parents.

My husband, bless him, cooked this evening when he got home (the boys had eaten earlier). Mind you, some of that was down to that fact that he was trying to get back in my good books, having managed to leave his mobile at home today. This meant I worried all day about why he hadn't rung, and hadn't answered my texts. If only I'd gone upstairs earlier and seen the phone sitting by the bed...

We've had four very grey days in a row here in Kent, and I am desparate for some sunshine as it's affecting all our spirits, I think. We need a good walk out in God's countryside to help freshen us up, and bring back our focus on to what is really important.

Thank you Devonbunny, for your uplifting blog yesterday - it was just the sort of thought provoking reading that I needed.

No comments: