Monday, May 22, 2006

Changing Rooms

Today we started on moving the rooms.

Over the course of 5 hours, we moved four beds, four wardrobes, two dressing tables, a chest of drawers, two filing cabinets, and endless amounts of "bits"! As our house is on two separate bits of stair way, it has involved a lot of up and down! Roarke, bless him, then left to go and work a 9 hour shift on the buses!

Still, it means that tomorrow all we need to do is bring up the last of the children's beds from our old house, reassemble it, then put the bits in the right places in the room that William and Samuel will be sharing.

Joshua was just short of his 2 hr learning target today - Samuel managed an hour. As we were so involved moving things around, I felt it best not to push them further as they were then playing nicely together without supervision, which was of benefit to us adults.

I made some more gluten free bread today. My Brother bought me a Panasonic breadmaker for my birthday and it is fabulous! I've made normal, and fruit gluten free bread, plus ordinary wholemeal and white breads, and some lovely flavoured italian breads. It means I can make a gluten free loaf for under £1 and, what's more, it is tastier than the shop bought gluten free loaves.

As the boys are gf by (my) choice, and not via prescription, I have no access to glutafin products. To buy direct, the bread mix is over £7 to make one large, or two small loaves. With the bread machine, I am making perfectly acceptable loaves using Doves Farm Gluten Free Bread Flour, which is great.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get Juvela or Glutafin products? Anyone willing to pass on their unused prescription items?!

No comments: