Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No news is, er, no news!

Thought I'd post as Dawniy asked...

Yes I went in - but I came out again!

Now 2 cms (wow, 1 whole centimetre in 6 days!). Yesterday's Registrar, instead of being like the ones I saw last week who said "oh they won't make you put up with this for more than a few days", was of the "never mind deary, take a paracetomol" variety.

I was NOT impressed.

oh, and she suggested a bath might help...

I'm so shattered, and of course I have horrendous back ache from all the tightenings. Mentally, I'm finding it very hard to focus on anything else. I'm trying to force myself to focus on next Wednesday, and I am booked to be induced, but its very hard. They say "come back if the pains get closer together" - the official line is for 4th baby you go in if they are 10 minutes apart - but I spend more of the day at 10 minutes!

Protein in my urine, balloon feet, and my blood pressure is up (for me) but the Registrar didn't seem bothered by that either.

Ho hum. Keep sending those vibes/prayers ladies!

ps home education IS still taking place; just not in the mental place to be fussed with recording it all at the moment!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Come along Jonathan...time to make your arrival now I think.
I wasn't allowed to come into delivery suite until I was 5 minutes apart with my contractions, so I hope they soon do something a bit more to help things move a bit quicker - you must be thoroughly fed up and exhausted. I'm hoping that while I type this you've had him and all is well....
Take care. x

Anonymous said...

How frustrating and tiring! Hope Jonathon comes soon. Will keep on praying.
Carol
x

Anonymous said...

Send more vibes your way!! Hurry up Jonathan we want to see cute baby pics!!

dawniy. said...

mmmmm not nice , I started with 3 cm dilated on 1st of Jan with Lana , and finally had her on the 17th !!! slow labour they said !! well I hope you speed up soon poor darling . . . not nice.
have you a trampoline ? the mind boggles lol xxx

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Sending lots of vibes your way. When K took so long to appear I was told to take hot baths but it didn't help at all! In fact, another midwife informed me that hot baths actually stop the process of labour! Thinking of you. Elle

Shirl said...

Hoping he has arrived by now but if he hasn't put in an appearance yet - try a hot curry!